Thursday, January 22, 2009

Credit Card Terms and Conditions---THE FINE PRINT.

Yup folks! There they are those teeny tiny words on that other piece of paper in the envelope with the credit card bill.  Well I read mine yesterday and after that dreadful hour and a half trying to decipher what it said I thought to myself "doesn't someone regulate these credit card companies"?  If I'm 20 seconds late with a payment my rate will shoot up to the sky?  It just doesn't seem right, however with most credit card companies you can opt out of the new terms & agreements.  What that usually means is that you can contact the company in writing to request that when your card expires they close the card out completely.  Keep in mind if you have a balance or if you have a limited credit profile this may not be the best thing to do.  Weigh your options...but definitely read the fine print.

No comments: